On Today’s Show
Dr. Rob Pennington shares a technique for creating agreements everyone wants to keep. It may be difficult, but it’s easier done than not done, which is always going to be harmful and tear at our relationships. That’s why it’s so important to have some tool or technique to be able to maintain the closeness and respect while resolving conflicts.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action:
Decide that you are the kind of person who WANTS to end conflict. You can learn the skills at ending conflict, but the first step is deciding that it’s important to you.
Mentioned In Episode:
The Six Stages in Making Agreements People Want to Keep
Stage 1: I understand you.
Stage 2: I acknowledge common points with you.
Stage 3: You understand me.
Stage 4: You acknowledge common points with me.
Stage 5: We clarify the differences. (this is where we can get into negotiations)
Stage 6: Create supportive agreements we both want to keep.
- Award Winning Speaker
- Highest Rated Trainer by ExxonMobil each year for 33 years
- Mental Health America’s Outstanding Speaker Award (4 times)
- Original Meeting Professionals International Platinum Presenter
- Pinnacle and USA Books Awards for Best Self Help Author
- President, National Speakers Association – Houston
- 1st Recipient of the Pennington Award for Excellence in Recognition of Extraordinary and Selfless Service
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Rob Pennington on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Rob Pennington on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Rob Pennington on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!