On Today’s Show
In today’s episode Dr. Julie Connor teaches us how to create tangible S.M.A.R.T goals, and how to confidently plug those goals into our schedule with the purpose of achieving them starting today.
1 Simple Thing Action:
Confidently plug your goals into your schedule with 5 little steps to establish those goals right now:
1. State your resolution or your goal as a positive statement. For example you want to attract new clients. Rather than stating it as, ”Don’t be afraid to attract new clients,” say specifically, “I’ll confidently contact 5 new clients each week.” State your resolution as a positive statement. Something you will do rather than something you will avoid.
2. Be precise. Set specific goals, include dates, times, and measurable amounts where you can track your progress. Rather than stating, ”I’m going to write a book,” consider something like, “I commit to a daily writing practice of 15 minutes between 8:00 AM and 8:15 AM.”
3. Set objective performance resolution. As you write your goals use action verbs that can be observed and measured rather than abstract terms that don’t mean anything. For example, rather than stating, “I’m going to lose weight,” say, “I’ll walk 1 mile on the treadmill every morning.”
4. Set priorities. Prioritizing tasks protects you from felling overwhelmed and anxious by focusing your attention on important choices and activities that are directly connected to your goals. When we clarify our priorities we can make the best use of our time.
5. Arrange time in your schedule to take action now. It’s important that we find creative ways to fit specific tasks aligned with our resolutions into our schedule. Are they things that mean something to us? Are they things that we absolutely want to do and that set our hearts on fire? Or, are they things that we feel like we “have” to do or someone else is expecting it? It’s important to get ourselves into a mindset where we start thinking of ourselves and what’s important to us. And we start listening less to that voice that tells us all of those “shoulds” rather than those things that set our lives on fire with passion.
Dr. Julie Connor
- Dynamic Speaker
- Champion Motivator
- Award-winning Author
- Teamwork Strategist
- Professional Trailblazer
- Inspiring Presenter and Teacher
- Experienced Life Coach
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Connor on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Connor on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Dr. Connor on LinkedIn