On Today’s Show
In part 3 of the 4 Keys to Achieving Extraordinary Goals, bestselling author and success coach Hal Elrod talks about the importance of an accountability partner. Hal also teaches a simple format to make our accountability sessions more effective.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action:
Get an accountability partner. Meet once a week over the phone or in person. Here’s a simple format Hal recommends sharing during your accountability sessions:
- What are your top 1 or 2 wins. What’s gone well. Focus on what you’ve done well where you deserve to acknowledge yourself for.
- What are you top 1 or 2 areas of improvement. Where did you fall short since you last met with your accountability partner.
- What are the Top 1 or 2 things that you need to do to stay on track for your goals.
Spend 15 minutes sharing these 3 things and then switch with your partner and listen to theirs. Afterwards, you immediately spend time doing #3.
To put the 1 Simple Thing Action into practice Hal recommends the following: In order for the accountability sessions to be effective, schedule a 1 hour meeting with your accountability partner. The first 30 minutes is spent sharing and updating each other about #1, #2, and #3 above. The remaining 30 minutes of the session is spent doing the thing you identified as the most important thing to move closer to your goal. When you immediately do it, you create momentum and confidence in your ability to follow through because you do it right then and then check back in with each other after 30 minutes. Be specific regarding the hour of the day you will commit during the week to doing the thing you identified to move you closer to your goal and stick to it. Hold each other accountable week in and week out.
- #1 Bestselling author
- International Keynote Speaker
- Hall of Fame Business Achiever
- One of America’s Top Success Coaches
- National Champion Sales Manager
- Record-Breaking Sales Rep
- Ultra-Marathon Runner
CLICK HERE to get your copy of Hal’s book “The Miracle Morning”
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal on LinkedIn