On Today’s Show
Author Scott Halford says how you look at something can predict how your body responds to it. If you have a big proposal coming up and “sigh,” that’s an indication you’re telling yourself, “This sucks and I don’t want to do it.” But if you have a “bring it on!” attitude it can be very energizing. You will begin to have a different relationship with the things that stress you out. Your mindset does matter. You’re feeding your brain either with a positive or negative message. Your brain is going to respond to that priming, and you will act accordingly.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action
Perform “erasers” throughout the day. One of these erasers is to take 5-10 minutes throughout the day and sit in nature or look outside for 5 minutes without any electronic leashes (computer, phone, pager, etc.) Allow yourself to wander mentally. Research shows that 50 minutes of focus and 10 minutes of downtime is a great reset. Do this eraser technique several times throughout the day.
- Author on Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, NeuroLeadership and Influence
- Keynote and workshop speaker
- Emmy Award winning writer and producer
- Advisor to Fortune 500 executive teams
- Inductee into the CPAE National Speakers Hall of Fame (2014)
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), the highest earned designation of the National Speakers Association and Global Speakers Federation
CLICK HERE to connect with Scott Halford on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Scott Halford on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Scott Halford on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!
1 Simple Thing is featured in Inc. Magazine
“100 Podcasts To Make You Better, Smarter, & Wiser” CLICK HERE to check out the article. Find us at #29.