On Today’s Show
Amber De La Garza shares a framework she recommends in planning your day. It helps you capture everything and make sure you are fully prepared for your next day. When you have a plan, you are more capable of getting the results than if you just haphazardly start your day. Put the five Daily Planning Pavers into practice to help you start your day with a plan to get the most out of your time and focus.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action
Schedule your planning time on your calendar and stick to it. Make it part of your daily routine. Select a time, during the evening or morning, where you know you’ll be most consistent and that works best for you and your personality.
Mentioned In Episode
The 5 Planning Pavers:
1. Reviewing your current day. Use this as a holding spot, a trigger, to try and find any tasks, to-dos, or ideas that might have come up during the day.
2. Preview your next day. Get ahead of yourself. Use this as a trigger to prepare and plan for any deadlines or appointments based on your calendar and to-do list for the next day.
3. Do a mind sweep (of anything random). Take a moment to be quiet and ask yourself, “Is there anything else that may need my attention” and capture that into your to-do list. (It doesn’t have to do with today or tomorrow)
4. Prioritize. Start by asking, “How does this support my goals?” Make your best estimate on what you want to focus on and in what order, and stick to that order.
5. Time blocking your priorities. Know realistically how long each priority is going to take and strategically plan them accordingly on your calendar.
- The Productivity Specialist, Coach
- Business Efficiency Consultant
CLICK HERE to connect with Amber De La Garza on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Amber De La Garza on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Amber De La Garza on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!
1 Simple Thing is featured in Inc. Magazine
“100 Podcasts To Make You Better, Smarter, & Wiser” CLICK HERE to check out the article. Find us at #29.