On Today’s Show
In part 1 of the 4 Keys to Achieving Extraordinary Goals, bestselling author and success coach Hal Elrod teaches us that the first step in achieving extraordinary goals is to first have clarity. Listen and learn how to develop the clarity to know what you want and why you want it.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action:
Identify (in writing) the four clarity components: 1. What you want. 2. Why you want it. 3. What’s holding you back 4. What you must do and how often.
Mentioned In Episode:
These are 4 things you must generate clarity in, and not just as a one-time event, but every single day. Write these down and review them every day to keep this top of mind. When you have clarity on these 4 things, you’ve got your roadmap for getting where you want to go.
- What do you want. What you really want. Not based on your past and what you’ve been able to achieve so far, but based on your unlimited potential, your future, and what you would want if there were no limits. You’ve got to get very clear on what you want and in every area of your life. What do you want your finances to be? Do you want to make a million dollars a month? Everything starts with clarity. You get clear on what you want then you ask yourself the question, “Hey, what would I need to do to make that million dollars a month?”
- Why do you want it? The “why” is always more important than the “how” because the why is what drives us every day to do the how. Often the how is tedious, boring, even scary. We must have a why that’s more compelling than all of the obstacles in our way. So what’s your why?
- What’s holding you back? That’s something that most people don’t ever think about. You might say, “Here’s what I want, and why I want it.” But if you don’t really get clear on what’s holding you back, then you’re going to keep making the same mistakes and you don’t move forward in the way you want.
- What you must do and how often. What action do I need to take and when am I committed to taking it?
- Bestselling Author
- International Keynote Speaker
- Hall of Fame Business Achiever
- One of America’s Top Success Coaches
- National Champion Sales Manager
- Record-Breaking Sales Rep
- Ultra-Marathon Runner
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal Elrod on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal Elrod on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Hal Elrod on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!