On Today’s Show
We all have a particular bad habit we’d like to break. Odds are, you’ve tried in the past, and maybe you were successful for a few days. Then something unexpected came up where you slipped for a day or two. One mistake snowballs into a series of setbacks. Eventually, you give up on the idea of making a habit change simply because it’s too difficult to do.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed with your habit efforts in the past. It doesn’t mean you’re lazy or weak-willed. It means you didn’t have the right tools for making a lasting habit change.
What you need is a strategy for identifying your worst habits and learning how to overcome them. On this episode, author Steve Scott will help you develop that strategy, based on his book, “Bad Habits No More: 25 Steps to Break ANY Bad Habit.”Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action
Start with a small bad habit just to get in the mindset that you can overcome. Pick one you don’t like that you do, but it’s not the end of the world if you stop or start it. For example: breaking the habit of looking at your cell phone after 8:00 PM. Build some habit breaking momentum in your life, so you know how the process works, then go from there.
Mentioned In Episode
4 Major Steps To Breaking Bad Habits:
1. Laying The Foundation For A Habit Change: Make a plan and commit to it.
2. Understand Your Habit Loop: The cue, rewards and routine. Understand the moments when you feel the urge.
3. Build A Support System: Have an accountability partner.
4. Overcome Challenges: Forgive yourself if you have a relapse of the bad habit and don’t compound the error made.
- Bestselling nonfiction writer
- Teaches others about publishing
- Blogs about: habit change, self help and productivity
CLICK HERE to connect with Steve Scott on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Steve Scott on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Steve Scott on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!
1 Simple Thing is featured in Inc. Magazine
“100 Podcasts To Make You Better, Smarter, & Wiser” CLICK HERE to check out the article. Find us at #29.