On Today’s Show
Author Susan RoAne talks about the five major roadblocks that prevent us from communicating freely and comfortably with strangers. She offers some practical and simple methods to help us expand our opportunities and possibilities when we go to an event full of people we don’t know.Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe in Stitcher
1 Simple Thing Action:
RSVP to events. ADD them to your calendar. INTEND to show up. (Develop a reputation for follow through.) Go into events with an “ask and receive mentality.” Others can be a link to tremendous possibilities, and we can respond by offering them opportunities as well.
Mentioned In Episode:
Dr. Pamela Butler, “Talking To Yourself: How Cognitive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life”
Dr. David Givens, “Your Body at Work: Sight-reading the Body Language of Business, Bosses, and Boardrooms”
5 Major Roadblocks That Prevent Us From Communicating Freely And Comfortably With Strangers:
- Mother’s Dire Warnings: Don’t talk to strangers.
- Scarlett O’Hara Complex: Wait to be properly introduced.
- Prom King/Queen Syndrome: Good things come to those who wait.
- Better safe than sorry, risk of rejection.
- Get the wrong idea, looking for a pickup, avoid mixed messages.
- Business Networking Keynote Speaker
- International Bestselling Author
- F2F Communication Expert
- Mentor and Coach
- One of Forbes’ Top 25 Networking Experts
- Self-Described Mingling Maven®
CLICK HERE to connect with Susan RoAne on Facebook
CLICK HERE to connect with Susan RoAne on Twitter
CLICK HERE to connect with Susan RoAne on LinkedIn
Review the Podcast in iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast in iTunes. This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!